Welcome to CLSTL 2017!
In the last few years, higher education sector, particularly in the area of Science & Technology, has seen major developments. Increasingly, more emphasis has been given for improving quality in teaching, learning and research productivity. Equally, the focus has been on innovation, incubation, capacity building, collaboration between industry and academic Institutions within and outside India. National initiative to setup Incubation and Innovation Centers, Research Parks, Skill Development Centres, Startup support systems and other similar activities on academic campuses has been announced. All these developments have increased expectations from the libraries in their respective institutions. As a result, the Libraries in Institutes of Science, Technology and allied areas, have been working hard to make themselves relevant and play a meaningful role by realigning their mission with that of the parent institution. As a result, libraries in these Institutions are redefining, their collection development policies, resource sharing mechanisms, new services and reconfiguring their space. They are also garnering support for scholarly communication related activities and at the same time working continuously to up keep the skills of their personnel. In order to understand and navigate successfully through these developments and collectively address some of the challenges faced, this conference on “Changing Landscape of Science & Technology Libraries” at Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar from 2-4 March, 2017 is being organized.
The major objectives of this conference are
- To bring together library professionals and researchers from India and abroad to exchange their innovative ideas, new initiatives, experiences, research work, best practices etc.
- To understand as to how the Science & Technology (S & T) libraries are transforming themselves in the midst of rapid technology developments.
- To share and discuss different set of library services offered to support the academic and research work at the parent institutions.
- To learn innovative management strategies, tools & technologies used to create and deliver research support services.
- To discuss current issues, recent developments and their impact, and future challenges to prepare science and technology libraries for the future.
- Library Professional from Science & Technology Institutions, Research Organizations and Industries.
- Publishers, Information intermediates and vendors.
- Information technology managers, educationanists, policy makers and other inerested in the theme of the conference.
Program Structure of the Conference
- Day 1: Registration, Inaugural address, Keynote address, Invited presentations by eminent professionals, Theme based presentations, Select Product Presentations, Cultural Program & Conference Dinner.
- Day 2: Invited presentations by eminent professionals, Theme based presentations, Half Day Workshop on ‘Research Data Management’, Select Product Presentations & Conference Dinner.
- Day 3: Invited presentations by eminent professionals, Theme based presentations, Panel discussion, Select Product Presentations, Concluding Session & Conference Dinner.
Effort will be made to make the conference fruitful, memorable and worth the time and money.