Here are a few things that might be helpful during your visit to IITGN Palaj Campus:
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport (AMD) is an international airport serving the cities of Ahmedabad and Gandhinagar in Gujarat, India and is nearer to our IIT campus.
- Ahmedabad Junction Railway Station (ADI), locally known as Kalupur station is the main terminus which is very well connected with the other parts of the country.
- Geeta Mandir & Paldi are the bus terminals of Ahmedabad city.
By Air: (Distance from Airport to IIT Palaj campus – 22 KM takes 30 min max. to reach)
If you are arriving in by flight, take a pre-paid taxi from the airport to IITGN, Palaj. The cost of the pre-paid taxi would be between Rs.300 – Rs.500, the charges.
If you are arriving in by flight, take a auto from the airport to IITGN, Palaj. The cost of the auto would be between Rs.200 – Rs.300, the charges.
By Train: (Distance from Ahmedabad Railway station to IIT Palaj campus – 30 KM takes 60 min to reach)
If you are arriving via train, from (Kalupur or Ahmedabad Junction) railway station, Take a direct auto from railway station to IIT Palaj Campus (Rs. 300 -500)
If you are arriving via train,from (Kalupur or Ahmedabad Junction) railway station, Take UBER/OLA or any other cab services. (cheap & best convenient option & availability is good and provide bills).
By Bus: (Distance from bus station to IIT Palaj campus – 32 KM takes 60 min to reach)
From Geeta Mandir Bus Station (ST bus stop), take a direct auto from bus station to IIT Palaj Campus (Rs.300 – 400)
Some travel tips: (other options)
If you are arriving via train, from (Kalupur or Ahmedabad Junction) railway station, you can come to VGEC college using any of the following options:
- Take BRTS bus no. 7 from outside railway station itself up to VGEC College (Rs. 20).
- Take a shared auto from outside railway station up-to Visat Junction (Rs. 20) and from there take an auto to rakshashakti circle (Rs. 20-30).
- Take a private auto outside railway station to VGEC college Chandkheda (Rs. 150-200).
We have Institute bus shuttle service running from the VGEC College (Chandkheda, Opp 4D Square Mall) to IIT Palaj campus and also running from Rakshashakti circle to Palaj campus. the schedule is as follows:
From Chandkheda (VGEC College) to IIT Campus: 7:15 AM, 9:00 AM, 6:00 PM,10:30 PM
From IIT Campus To Chandkheda (VGEC College): 8:15 AM, 5:15 PM, 6:45 PM, 8:30 PM
From Rakshashakti circle to IIT Campus: 10:30 AM, 11:30 AM, 12:30 PM, 2:00 PM, 3:00 PM, 4:00 PM, 5:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 10:00 PM
From IIT Campus To Rakshashakti circle: 10:00 AM, 11:00 AM, 12:00 AM, 1:30 PM, 2:30 PM, 3:30 PM, 4:30 PM, 5:30 PM, 6:30 PM, 7:30 PM, 8:30 PM, 9:30 PM.
Updates of weather conditions of the place:
Gandhinagar has a dry climate with an average temperature of 25 – 30°C during early March.