Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar
Palaj, Gandhinagar - 382355, India
Website: IIT Gandhinagar
Google Link on Map: IIT Gandhinagar
Gujarat (India) has a strategic location. It is well connected to the major cities of the world. IITGN is located in Gandhinagar, capital of Gujarat state, which is second planned city in country and one of the greenest cities in India.The green and clean city Gandhinagar is also considered as the “greenest” town in the world. It is situated on the west banks of the Sabaramati river and is located just 30 Km from Ahmedabad, the commercial capital of Gujarat, a 600 year old city that has just received UNESCO's world heritage city status and is the 19th fastest growing city in the world. Ahmedabad-Gandhinagar is very safe for travelers, rated in the top three cities in country. It is famous for Gandhi Ashram, Riverfront, Akshardham temple, step well, museums and also for its Bandhani sarees, handicrafts and Jewellery.
Here are a few things that might be helpful during your visit to IITGN Palaj Campus:
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport (AMD) is an international airport serving the cities of Ahmedabad and Gandhinagar in Gujarat, India and is nearer to our IIT campus.
- Ahmedabad Junction Railway Station (ADI), locally known as Kalupur station is the main terminus which is very well connected with the other parts of the country.
- Geeta Mandir & Paldi are the bus terminals of Ahmedabad city.
If you are arriving in by flight, take a pre-paid taxi from the airport to IITGN, Palaj. The cost of the pre-paid taxi would be between Rs.300 - Rs.500, the charges.
1. If you are arriving via train, from (Kalupur or Ahmedabad Junction) railway station, you can come to VGEC college using any of the following options:
- Take BRTS bus no. 7 from outside railway station itself up to VGEC College (Rs. 20).
- Take a shared auto from outside railway station up-to Visat Junction (Rs. 20) and from there take an auto to rakshashakti circle (Rs. 20-30).
- Take a private auto outside railway station to VGEC college Chandkheda (Rs. 150-200).
From Chandkheda (VGEC College) to IIT Campus: 7:15 AM, 9:00 AM, 6:00 PM, 7:30 PM, 10:30 PM.
From Rakshashakti circle to IIT Campus: 10:30 AM, 11:30 AM, 12:30 PM, 2:00 PM, 3:00 PM, 4:00 PM, 5:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 10:00 PM
From IIT Campus To Rakshashakti circle: 10:00 AM, 11:00 AM, 12:00 AM, 1:30 PM, 2:30 PM, 3:30 PM, 4:30 PM, 5:30 PM, 6:30 PM, 7:30 PM, 8:30 PM, 9:30 PM.
Updates of weather conditions of the place:
Gandhinagar has a dry climate with an average temperature of 25 - 30°C during early March.