The course is set at the backdrop of recently revised NBC of India and aims at focusing on two important aspects of design of reinforced concrete structures using the updated code: earthquake resistant design and design for fire safety. The course will involve in-depth discussions of the new features of the NBC 2016 pertaining to earthquake and fire and will entail hands-on sessions with several design examples to ensure proper appreciation of the revised provisions. Principally, IS 1983, 13920 and 1642 will be considered. It is expected that the course will enhance the understanding of the new provisions among all stakeholders of the Civil Engineering community.
The course will be conducted by
• Prof. Durgesh C. Rai, IIT Kanpur
• Prof. Debasis Roy, IIT Kharagpur
• Prof. Mahesh Tandon, TCPL
• Prof. Dhiman Basu, IIT Gandhinagar
• Prof. Manish Kumar, IIT Gandhinagar
• Prof. Gaurav Srivastava, IIT Gandhinagar
Participants who successfully complete the course will be awarded a certificate.